modern slavery & anti human trafficking statement.
Year-ending 31st December 2022
This Statement applies to all SLG group companies including SLG Brands and V3 Manufacturing, hereinafter referred to as "the Company".
The Company is opposed to slavery and human trafficking in any part of our business. We recognise that we have a responsibility to take a robust approach to slavery and human trafficking, and are committed to ensuring that we have adequate procedures in place to prevent slavery and human trafficking both within our own business activities, and within our supply chains.
SLG Brands is an international brand incubator business that design, manufacture and distribute some of the high streets’ most fashionable beauty and male grooming brands. V3 Manufacturing is our dedicated manufacturing site for our patented self-tan mitt product.
Organisational Structure & Supply Chains
Our Company Head office and SLG Brands in-house studio and lab is based in central Cheltenham, Gloucestershire where we employ c.200 employees. The V3 Manufacturing site, also, based in Cheltenham, has c.25 employees, the majority in production and warehouse roles supported by a small management and administrative team. In addition, the team at V3 Manufacturing is regularly supplemented by the use of temporary labour to manage seasonal peaks in manufacturing demand.
The products and raw materials we use in our operations are sourced globally with 57% suppliers based in the UK, 4% EU and 39% China.
We also operate with a third party warehouse (3pl) model which is based in Derbyshire in the UK.
The Company recognises that certain activities present a higher risk of slavery and human trafficking, and within our own business these have been identified as:
- Products and raw materials sourced from suppliers based outside of the UK and EU
- Use of temporary labour in our V3 manufacturing site
- Use of temporary labour at our UK based 3pl provider
Procedures and Due Diligence on Slavery and Human Trafficking
The Company will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in slavery or human trafficking.
As part of our due diligence in complying with this Statement, the Company takes the following steps:
- we regularly review and assesses potential risk areas in our business activities;
- the Company Codes of Conduct (a copy of which is available on request) sets out our commitment to achieving the highest standard of conduct and integrity in our business activities, and we seek to work with likeminded organisations that sign up to similar principals;
- we mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business operations, by ensuring that we maintain and follow a robust process for evaluation and ongoing monitoring of our suppliers. This includes, all key suppliers located outside of the UK and EU audited against compliance to the ETI Base Code to a minimum 2-pillar (Labour & H&S) SMETA/SEDEX, or similar standard, with 80% audited to 4-pillar (2 additional pillars of Business Ethics and Environment);
- we take steps to improve substandard suppliers' practices, including providing advice and requiring them to implement corrective action plans where appropriate;
- both at our own V3 Manufacturing site, and that of our 3pl warehousing provider, only reputable agencies are used for the provision of temporary labour. Ethical audits are conducted on a regular basis, which includes ensuring compliance with Codes of Conduct and adherence to robust employment checks;
- we would terminate our business relationship with agencies or suppliers that fail to improve their performance in line with an action plan or seriously violate our supplier code of conduct.
All relevant employees receive online training, with regular refresher training, to ensure they have a suitable level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our businesses, and are familiar with the appropriate policies and business process in place to manage this effectively.
Assurance and Key Performance Indicators
We report on compliance within our supply chain as part of our ongoing supplier review processes.